Saturday, May 21, 2005

All in five (maybe ten) minutes

Quite an insane morning...

  • Pushy lady (meaner than Miss Piggy in her Wicked Witch of the West persona in Muppets' Wizard of Oz) wants passbooks on governmental administrative assistant. I show her some but they aren't acceptable. She keeps calling me sweetie and honey. I go back to the desk to look up something else and she keeps screaming honey, where are you sweetie? as well as Damn it is hot in here!
  • Then pushy lady wants a template so she can write a letter to protest her traffic ticket. She doesn't want to go to traffic school.
  • Another lady comes to the desk with her blood test results and wants us to interpret them because she doesn't believe the nurse. I tell her she'd need a medical library, she doesn't believe me.
  • Meanwhile, a five year old girl in bright pink bike shorts keeps vaulting onto the desk. She also hits the blood test lady three times which makes her angry. The dad doesn't care. The girl keeps running, jumping, screaming, and pretending to fly.
  • Monitor the internet- do you have your card with your permission sticker?
  • Lady in line- does anyone work here, is anyone going to help me? When?
  • I hear customer talking to my colleague: well that's just my opinion and I guess it doesn't matter.
  • Pushy lady keeps screaming sweetie.
  • Blood work lady thanks me for my help and says it was delightful.
Ten minutes later pushy lady calls and asks about another book. Why don't we have it? That's not fair. I don't understand.

----

Yeah, that's just a quick summary of a five (okay, maybe ten) minute slot in the life of a liberrian.


No comments: