Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Clueless Patron of the Day Award

Today Marian asked me what is with your devilish grin? Oh nothing, I'm just happy I have material to blog. The prize for the clueless patron of the day goes to the woman with the side ponytail:

SP: So I just go to goggles, then what? There are three blank lines and I don't know what to do.

Me: I go and look at her monitor. She has the annoying MSN vertical search box that takes up 1/4 of the screen. She thinks that is goggles. I tell her how to get to goggles and ask her to type what she is looking for in the box. She types cache. I tell her she needs to be more specific than that if she wants to find anything useful. So I ask, what aspect of cache are you researching?

SP: I don't even know what that means, cache. I'm trying to find out, someone tried to cache me. You know, lure me.

Me: I say, were you being stalked?

SP: Not exactly, see, we met at the same place at the same time, so it wouldn't be considered stalking.

Me: I still can't figure out what type of information she thinks will be on goggles, and I tell her the internet probably does not have what she is looking for. However, we might have some legal handbooks.
---
Life goes on, I walk by 10 minutes later. Now she is hacking into MS Word, trying different login names and passwords. Note: It isn't even necessary to login to MS Word.

No comments: