Thursday, May 19, 2005

Reverse Reader's Advisory

This little old man who always carries a backpack and a few plastic bags came to the desk:

I wanna tell you something.

Okay...

There's this author, Aspirin is his name, like the kind when you take an aspirin. Yeah, that's it. Anyway, he writes these books that I think you would enjoy. See, he takes a word that everyone knows, like devil, and completely changes the meaning.

--

Later he returns to the desk with 2 of Aspirin's books.

See this one? It's called Phule and His Money. Get it? He took the word fool and changed it to phule. These books are science fiction about vampires to come to this land from another system. Only, it's different: these are the normal ones and everyone on this planet is different. Yeah, you would really love it.

--

No, I wouldn't really love it. I'm not a sci-fi fan, but thanks anyway! Now, where did I put my aspirin? What a phule I am!

No comments: