Saturday, June 11, 2005

6-11-2005

I see the sisters who used to come to my computer class. I say I haven't seen you in a while and one of them responds we got our own computa. Five minutes later she asks me for help to get to yahoo (our "go" button is disabled). She is so shy she turns red.

-----

Man asks for a copy of a reference book we don't have anymore b/c it = online. He said I wanna eyeball it.

-----

Request for the movie Cap in January, i.e. Captain January. Then the man in his 70's wants a book about collecting Barbies.

-----

Is it really necessary to wear a snow parka when it is just drizzling?

-----

"Hey, it's me. Can you show me your biggest dictionary? Wow, that thing is huge." Ten minutes later- "Hey, come here. I found my word. Can you pronounce it?" Word = agrement. It was the "you again" woman.

-----

Today, 11 or 12?
Today is June 11.

-----

Two kids want help to make business cards. They want to start a cleaning business. Cute.

-----

Man who sometimes remembers my name and never remembers I'm "married" strolls by and says Hi Amy. I'm going to name him Max for this blog.

-----

So can you help me in the kiddie department? I'm looking for the Cinderella our parents bought for us, not the one where she is on an island.

-----

Can you help me with the computer. I need help, I am a computer literate.

-----

Guy asks for movie Popul Vuh.
I've never heard of it, so I think he's trying to say Purple Blue.

-----

Bahai esperanto guy comes again.

-----

Loud conversation: That's my favorite word, really. (Says it with different inflections). Yeah, so I was foreclosed, booted into the street. I lost everything; they kicked me out. I told myself just keep your eyes open and your mouth shut. I said thank you Lord Jesus; this is my time to prove myself to you. My mother-in-law has my marriage certificate, has my social security card... she won't give it back. You know what? That's discrimination. I have my first amendment rights.

-----

Who wrote Oliver Twist?
Charles Dickens.
Ok, so it is Tom Dickens?

-----

I asked a guy who transferred from this branch to another how he likes his new assignment. He said, it is weird, ya know, I feel like I'm really in a library. It's so quiet sometimes, I don't know what to do. Working at (my branch) was really like working in a factory- the sheer volume of books processed, the phone ringing off the hook, and the insanity of it all...

No comments: