Wednesday, June 15, 2005

beWitched beWednesday

I stopped by Michael's before work to buy a few poster frames. When I was waiting in line one of my Sci-Fi readers was passing out 40% off coupons to everyone in line. She recognized me, and told me I need to visit the local theme park. That's what she did yesterday. I didn't tell her I used to work there for umpteen years.

xxxxx

The Scribner's woman from yesterday calls and asks for the book she can't identify. She tells me well the old lady with the white hair said I could have the book yesterday if I just call. Sorry hun.

xxxxx

Man who looks at the Indian books points out 2 pages that are highlighted: I didn't do it, are you mad at me?

xxxxx

Do you have the Geo Gaffney books?
Joe Gaffney.
Geo Gaffey.
Can you please write that down?
G-e-o-g-r-a-p-h-y.

xxxxx

Kissy Hotcakes unsuccessfully tried to give our LIII a hug and a kiss.

xxxxx

Today there were crying babies, upset ladies, and a man trying to fix his Mercedes.

xxxxx

I worked with our LIII for a few hours before closing. We helped an 8th grade boy find pictures of an obscure rainforest. The LIII told me notice the mother's expression. That boy is not a good age!

xxxxx

Our mistake- the audiotapes were accidentally sensitized. So, the tapes were ruined.
The customer returned the tapes today and said he listened to each one for 15 minutes and heard nothing at all.
Poor guy, wasted 30 minutes of his time just hoping to hear the book...

xxxxx

We told the woman with the suitcase of books we can't take her donation / trash.

xxxxx

Do you need a book so you can write about Louisiana? No, I'm not gonna write. That will take a long time. I'm gonna print.

xxxxx

I helped a woman make signs about her lost cat. Proofing isn't a service we provide, so these signs had plenty of errors. She made 30 copies! Hope she finds the kitty.
Note: Yesterday she was at the branch about 50 miles away. Maybe kitty jumped a freight train?

xxxxx

That's all for today folks!

1 comment:

Robert said...

LIII

Librarians' Internet Index Intern?