Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Today is brought to you by the letter W

W, w for wolf, w for why am I here?
-------
Freaky man who wrote me the love letter strolls by the desk with a bottle of Tabasco Sauce falling out of his fanny pack.
-------
A Michael Jackson look alike came today. So thin, light skin, dark straight hair... he was here.
-------
Mr. I can't read waves.
-------
I can't find the animal shelter's site.
Go to Google dot com.
Types in dgle space cm.
-------
One of the sisters (the louder one) comes in to tell me she and her sister chipped in to buy a new computa. Her daughta sent her pictures, she can't open them. She called her daughta last night, but she didn't return the call because she was at the baseball game. Probably tired from the game. She was interviewed in a 2 and a half interview for a job (when she had laryngitis). An olda woman got the job, but then quit so her daughta got the job. (Shows me the business card). I want you to see this e-card from my daughta. From Epcot. Isn't that neat?
-------
Do you have a soda machine here?
-------
Did you know that the lady who owns the coffee shop across the street is moving to Ethiopia?
-------
I'll trade you these (five loud) kids.
-------
Here's the story about W as in Why am I here:

Grumpy know-it-all man wants to find out the animal and flower associated with the name Florence. Do you mean the Chinese year of the (animal)? No, do I look Chinese to you? And I don't want the Hallmark definition either. I show him a few genealogy books but it isn't sufficient. Then I look for sites on lii.org. He's an impatient curmudgeon. I ask him how he knows that there is a particular animal assigned to each name and he says I have a good memory, but I have been researching it for 30 years before you were born. I can't remember exactly where. But I can't let Florence go to her grave without her knowing which animal represents her. He says may I suggest something, stop the computer. Libraries have all the answers, show me the books, ask your colleagues. My colleague is busy, but he butts in her conversation anyway. She eventrually asks him how he knows that there is an animal associated with the name. He says I don't mind repeating myself, I have a good memory, but I can't remember everything. I just don't know. For instance, my name is Ralph, the animal that corresponds is a wolf.
-------
And W is for... when do I get to go home?

No comments: