Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Today's Tidbits

O. Henry meets Rapunzel as girl with waist length hair asks where she can sell it.

-----

As the literacy center is being constructed as we speak, Mr. I Can't Read introduces himself again. He tells me to come closer, but I don't. I haven't read my whole life: age 21, 30, 60, 4, and I've been single my whole life. Then, he squints his eyes and lets out a shrill shrieks that scares me. I tell him I can't be of any help.

I can't wait to introduce him to the liberrian who will run the literacy center. She has been working in the background at headquarters for the past few years. Welcome to the branch life; here is your first candidate.

-----

Do you have a phone book for City X?
No.
Young lady, do you know how important that city is? All my paperwork is there.

-----

Do you have videos on traveling to Costa Rica?
Sure, let me show you where they are.
Wow, this is better service than the grocery store!

-----

Life here is so unpredictable; sometimes I feel like I'm in Whose Line is it Anyway?

-----

Marian's Eclectic Movie Man asks for the following titles: Because of Winn Dixie, Southie, Germinal, Taxi, New House Hotel. Then he says, "I'm just going to pick up some random stuff!"

-----

Mystery Weeds- Janet Evanovich- Hard Eight- Adopted by a "Nice Old Lady"

No comments: