Sunday, July 10, 2005

Why call to ask me?

Caller- I've been looking in the phone book for over an hour and I can't find your phone number.

You'd need to look in the blue section- government pages.

I have been for the last hour. I want you to look in your phone book and tell me what page it is on.

OK, I am looking in the July 2005 edition of the white pages on page 11 in the first column.

No, I want to know what page it is on in the July 2004 edition.

I don't have that edition, but it would be in the blue government pages section. Why don't you come in tomorrow and I'll show you where to look.

(I won't be here tomorrow so someone else can help this grouch).

2 comments:

the stealthy librarian said...

Wait. They called you *on the phone* to ask what your phone number was?

The Liberry aka Amy said...

Complete dingbat!