Wednesday, August 03, 2005

80 mph in the fastlane and being tailgaited

Lots of jobs and not enough time to please everyone is the theme of today.

-----

Laptop man: Or, so I thought about the man who carries the briefcase. Today I walked by his table and saw it is really a set of about 100 rainbow colored gel pens.

-----

Can I help you?
Yes, get someone who speaks Spanish.
So I get my colleague.
Wow, it doesn't look like he can speak Spanish; look at his skin!

-----

Do you have books on skin and nails? See my nail here (I pretend to look); it is going bad and I don't know what to do.

-----

Can I help you?
I hope so; I've been looking for help for 50 years.
He wants a map of alternate bike routes so he can miss the freeways.

-----

Can I help you?
Do you have a motorcycle manual?
We go and look, then I check the catalog and tell him sorry, no.
His response: Well that's pretty obvious.

-----

Oh, I'll have to order the book for you.
Sah-weet!

No comments: