Friday, September 02, 2005

Thick Accent

Ebooks are somewhat new to our system. An old man with a thick accent called four times. I only talked to him once. This is the first time in my life I have looked at an ebook. But I read 19 out of 190 pages and walked away; now I can't find it. This is the first time in my life. He'll call back, I guarantee that. I asked him if we could call him tomorrow; he said no, it is easier if he calls. And, ironically, the title he wanted was Preventing Identity Theft for Dummies!

1 comment:

the stealthy librarian said...

I kind of hate that eBook database. It's so complicated and it is even more difficult to explain over the phone. Plus, I don't know about where you work, but our consortium does not pay for all of the available features (like the ability to download titles), but the instructions refer to them, making things even more confusing for the viewers at home.