Tuesday, December 13, 2005

HTML class

Today I went to an all day training on HTML. I thought it would be Dreamweaver, but that isn't until Jan. I did pick up a couple things in the class, like favicons, Alexa, and a page a clever kid created called Million Dollar Homepage (tangents to the subject). However, I was mostly the "know it all" in class but did my best to keep quiet while we moved @ a snail's pace.

We created pages with notepad and one of the men asks, so, like, are these pages online for everyone to see?

Another woman says... so, if I don't want anyone to see my page (i.e. make it confidential) I just forget the metadata?

Instructor's question: does everyone know the difference between .com, .org, .mil, .edu, ...?
Lady: I'll fess up. I don't know.

---------------------

And I thought teaching patrons how to use the mouse required patience.

No comments: