Friday, January 06, 2006

I Love Technology!

Today I went to an IT meeting for the county that lasted 2 hours, and it was 2 hours too long. I felt like a complete eejit with all the tech speak... true, I do know lots of tech things, but compared to these geeks who sprinkled the conversation with the following terms, I was blown away.

gigs
specs
ram
latest and greatest
os
ocr
fujitsu
project management
hp
network
vpm 1A, 1B, 1C
rpf
migrate
rfid
vendor
contract
firewalls
bugs
fix
oracle
cvo
feed
datadumping
s drive
memory hog

One woman really had a kicker-- they were talking about gigs and she said, it should really be terabytes! Hahahaha.

I scanned the room and noted that 9 of the 11 people had blue eyes, 2 were married. Really obvious I got lots out of the meeting...

I thought-- what would Mike do at a meeting like this? Would he tune out or ask for definitions every 30 seconds... probably tune out. But what if I were to give him a test?

I also thought of Kip and his song about technology:

Why do you love me? Why do you need me? Always and forever... Wemet on the internet, now our love can fully bloom... Sure the worldwide web is great, but you, you make me salivate... I love technology,but not as much as you and me... But STILL I love technology... Alwaysand forever. Our love is like a flock of doves, flying up to heavenabove... always and forever, always and forever... Why do you need me?Why do you love me? Always and forever...

No comments: