Friday, August 25, 2006

Grad school student employee

When I was in grad school I worked in the liberry's computer room. Most of the questions were about how to save to a disc or how to print, and very few were about the databases, but on my first day a guy asked where is the commode? The question threw me, so I just smiled and turned to my colleague who was able to point the student in the right direction. Then we looked up the history of the word commode.


Jackie said...

Amy - It's you!! I'm so happy to see you back.


Anja said...

It's called a kommode in Danish too. How funny.

Oh and I just got a t-shirt that says: Librarians have tighter buns lol.

The Liberry aka Amy said...

Hi Sarah- I'm not back to work yet; I just missed blogging. Keep in touch:)


The Liberry aka Amy said...

o the things we learn @ the information desk!