Friday, September 08, 2006

At least it gives the shelvers something to do...

There's this kid, about 9 or 10 I think, and an afternoon with him in the library always goes like this:

"Do you have any books about Lamborghinis?"
and two minutes later,
"Do you have any books about alligators?"
and two minutes later,
"Do you have any books about Doberman Pinschers and Pit Bulls?"
and two minutes later,
"Do you have any books about vampires?"
and two minutes later,
"Do you have any books about airplanes?"
and two minutes later,
"Do you have any books about lions and tigers?"

I'm not sure if he reads them or if he just likes to see me get up and get them from the shelf or what.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to teach this kid how to use the OPAC pronto.

Degolar said...

Ja, we've got a few like that.

Brandy said...

There was one like that at my last library, but her requests always ended in, "and I'll be sitting right here so you can bring them to me." (I told her she had to come to the shelf to see for herself.)

Marian The said...

Well, he is a nice kid and says please and thank you, so I don't resent it too much.
Yesterday I explained to him how the animal books are organized, like from simpler to more complicated. We'll see how it goes.

the stealthy librarian said...

I believe I would be teaching that kid about the Dewey system. He's old enough to find his own books, I would think...