Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Same Old Song

So I'm helping this guy who has a bunch of titles but he doesn't know if they're books or movies or what.

Him: So are you like a librarian? Almost?

Me: I am a librarian.

Him: Really?? You're a librarian? How do you get that, anyway? Is it hard?

Me: Well, you have to have a master's degree in library science...

Him: Really? You need a master's degree to do this work? Well, my hat's off to you. Say, do you have this book? [He points to "The Brothers Karamazov" written in his notebook]

Me:
I think so, I'll check.

Him:
It would take a master's degree to know that book!

1 comment:

Lunar Brogue said...

I read the first hundred pages then drifted. Someone told me it was Patrick White's bible. Now I'm insecure and prefer to think Karamazov refers to a type savoury biscuit.