Friday, December 28, 2007

1950's through ?

Woman:  Can you tell me where the books are about the 1950s to the 1980s?

(I try to ask her to narrow it down) and she says...

Everything:  the Olympics, Elvis, Beatles, James Dean, pictures of JFK, everything.

I show her the books we have about the decades, and I find the ones about the 60's first.

W:  I don't want the 60's.  I want the 1950's.  

Me:  Oh, I thought you said you wanted the 50's through the 80's.  

W:  No, I told you I already have that information.  I need the 50's.

--------------

Later she comes back looking for books on the 60's and 70's.  As I search through the shelves trying to find the call #s, she hums a song.  It's not only totally annoying, but it makes it difficult to concentrate!  

1 comment:

Carson Park Ranger said...

This is evidence of a lifetime wasted watching television, leaving her unable to proceed logically or to interact with any measure of social skill.