Friday, January 04, 2008

Looking for the Governor

Man: Do you have the address and schedule of the governor? I need to hand deliver these papers to him. I'm going to the capitol. I was just across the street at the church and from there I saw the liberry. I know you can help me.

Kids Liberrian: I'll find the address for you, but the governor's schedule is not something that is published.

Man: I need to hand deliver these papers to him. My wife was shot and my daughter was sold. (He goes on and on with the story).

KL: Your story sounds so complex.

Man: It's not complex at all. I just need to hand deliver these papers. And pretty soon the governor will be looking for me. The president will be looking for me. Last week I was on CNN. My daughter was sold, my wife was shot.

The conversation lasted about 15 minutes. Fortunately no one was waiting in line @ the ref desk. Frank saved the day when he came out to the desk at 12:00. Simultaneously the phone rang.

No comments: