Thursday, July 10, 2008

Awesome Customer of the Day

Super Hero Patron: Can you print out a news article from the internet for me? I just saved a kid's life and have to prove to my work why I'm late.

Me: Uh... sure. (I saw smoke from the fire as I went into the liberry earlier in the day... so I knew he wasn't lying. I pulled up our local city paper, and sure enough - there was the article citing his brave feat.)

Super Hero Patron: How much is that going to cost?

Me: Oh - It's free! You're a (super) hero today!!!

3 comments:

silveradept said...

I'm wondering why his work requires something like that to explain his lateness. Wouldn't "The big fire thing" cover a late excuse?

Michael Michaels said...

Yes... one would think. Honestly, I was a bit star-struck to thing rationally! I thought, "Wow! A real live hero!" Maybe he has a habit of being tardy... or maybe he has a habit of saving lives...

silveradept said...

Most likely, it's that his boss or his company are a corporate machine that can't take into account any sort of human deviation from punch-in, punch-out without requiring proof of the weirdness.