Tuesday, July 01, 2008

More from Michael-- Classic

A woman came to the desk and asked "where can i find the book "Talking Back" by Andrea Mitchell?" 

I told her that while we didn't have it in our branch at the moment, I could order one from another branch to be sent, and started to list options: "Branch X has it available, Branch Y has it available in Large Print. What about an audiobook? Branch Z has it on CD - would you mind listening to it?" 

The patron flushed and embarrassedly said in a low voice "Actually, she has a really cute hair-do in the picture on the cover that I want to get." 



3 comments:

Turi said...

Isn't it nice when people actually come out and tell you what they're looking for...

Romany said...

That IS a good haircut! Hey, can I just say I love your blog? I stayed up reading it, and then read a bit more on the loans desk today (shh! Don't tell my boss!)

Melissa said...

I just found your blog using google reader...I love it! I also work at a public "liberry", we actually have this lady who calls it the that for real and it totally gets on my nerves..lol! Great Blog ;)