Sunday, November 16, 2008

You Gotta Fight For your Right to Refgrunt

Sunday, 1-3 PM. Busy!

--Wants to be on the waiting list for DVDs of Mamma Mia (#175) and Step Brother (#134), and “the book from that TV show about blood, True Blood or something?”

-- Is Kill Bill based on a book?

--Where are the Arabic books?

--Phone: Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems and Change Your Mind, Change Your Life by Daniel Amen

--A lady says “I want to request Hancock (#288) and Tropic Thunder (#201) plus a DVD with “real dirt” on Watergate. Also Judge Judy’s Greatest. Find it! I watch her every day! (sorry, we don’t have it, just her books.) Oh no! No pick-me-up today? Also, does KL still work here? (No, she retired.) Oh, I had so much fun with her!”

--Looking for Oct. 30 newspaper from nearby city

--Jobs section of the paper, and books on refrigeration

--Gospel of Philip

--Swamps and metals in Iraq

--Cashflow notes

--Books based on horror movies or soap operas

--Headphones don’t work

--How to copy and paste

--Books on plumbing

--Can I switch computers with the person on #5? I want to be next to my daughter. (You can ask them when they come…)

--Can’t find One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. “I checked everywhere.” We have 3 copies on shelf.

--Consumer info on GPS devices

--Reset PIN

--Person on #5 turned out to be her son. So that worked out.

--Is the first Twilight book in? I want to reread it before I see the movie. (HAHAHAHA. Almost 450 holds on about 150 copies.)

--Do you mind if I steal some of this scratch paper?

--Can I order a book here? (Yes!) Okay, Twilight on the Line: Underworlds and Politics at the U.S.-Mexico Border. (no holds on that one)

--Why doesn’t the back button work?

--Why can’t I download Yahoo Messenger on my home computer? (I don’t know.)

--Where can I donate a queen-sized mattress?

--Buffy Season 8 comic book

--Latest Consumer Reports

2 comments:

batgirl said...

We have about 60 copies of Twilight with about 150 holds on the list. And I too, laugh when they expect it to be on the shelf!

Anonymous said...

yeah, I wish I had a nickle for everyone who expects to find Twilight on the shelf and is AMAZED that there is a wait! (520 waiting on around 200 copies)