Friday, March 27, 2009

Definitely not a service we provide

Hello, this is Amy at the reference desk, how can I help you?

Caller: I'm wondering the name of Alan in 2 1/2 Men.

Me: Let me look that up. (I google it and found it to be Jon Cryer). I tell him.

Then he asks about other members of the cast. I google as fast as I can to find the info. As I am searching he says, yeah, I'll be 49 next week. I was born with a heart defect, I had surgery to get it fixed. I'm healthy now. [I give him the answer to another one of his questions, and he just asks another and continues blabbing...] My dad owns apartments, I manage them. I am honest and I like working with people. I'm a good boy and am proud of my work. Can I tell you a joke before you hang up?

Me: Sorry, I have to help other customers. (And should have said that he got the wrong number if he was looking for a dating service. Obviously, it's not a service we provide!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, we had someone call and tell us that he was 29 on his last birthday but now he can stop time and when did the Mickey Mouse Club go off the air?

Amy said...

Love it!

tkwagner said...

Wow, I loved reading your comment. I had many similar situations myself! You are right...we can't make this up

Anonymous said...

This guy must live in our town, too. I get these same kinds of calls ... and they creep me out!