Thursday, November 12, 2009

Really old men and a grumpy old man

First the really old men from today:
  1. The first one gave me a little pink rose that he picked from someone's garden.
  2. The second one gave me a piece of bubble gum leftover from Halloween.
  3. And I missed the third one today, Mr. I want the books by Hugh Pentecost and Rex Stout-- whenever I see him he gives me his pen.
And to balance all of that off--

One grump asked me if all of the customers are keeping me busy. I said yes, and he replied learn to relax and take it easy! Sorry, can't really relax when everyone wants to sign up for a card, have me sign them into the pc's, explain the reservation system, answer the phone, and do whatever research is needed by myself @ the desk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's true. I don't think people realize fully what we do. Most think that we just read books all day - I wish!