Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Refgrunt

  • Adriana Trigiani-- the latest
  • tax forms & do you have a couple rubber bands?
  • list of all local historical books on letterhead, ok then, I'll just write them out on a piece of paper, (but you can search the catalog... oh no, I don't do that)
  • anything from George Bernard Shaw for two old ladies-- while I'm searching the catalog, they are looking at the flyers of upcoming events. They comment to each other-- I am so done with that (musical program). And that too (another program). Great.
  • music by UB40 & how do you spell UB40?
  • (local history man comes back): Isn't it beautiful, you have 1,500 books in your local history, you have books that other people are looking for. This is a strong library.
  • Judge Judy's book Keep it Simple Stupid
  • order a book for the book club-- we don't have it here, how long will it take? 5-7 days. Big annoyed sigh.
  • do you have a fax machine? no. uh? everything but a fax?
  • order a book for the book club. no large print?
  • how to get into Reference USA
  • 89 year old man: can you issue me a card? is there a standard for locating things in liberries? where's the new age section?
  • I'm gonna need a telephone book in a few minutes, where do I go?
  • you gotta class here today?
  • how do I get a card?
  • how to request through the various types of ILLs we have
  • 2 guys want a book on boat repair-- I tell them I'd have to order it-- do i have to pay? no. -- THE LIBRARY IS DOPE
  • this library is beautiful! just beautiful!
  • girl wants to order about 15 movies
  • apply for a lib card-- oh look, you already have one with $75 in fines
  • annual credit report for free, by phone
  • did they get my money to pay my fine? i had my people pay it for me
  • where are rooms A and B?
  • how long do i have to wait for that book Oklahoma! do you have Illinois!
  • order How of Happiness
  • can't find Imperial life in the emerald city anywhere. Let me double check. Yes, it was right where it was supposed to be! Unusual.
  • Wall Street Journal
  • tenant / landlord law
  • microfilm upsidedown and backwards-- needed to unravel it- what a mess!
  • obituary request (#3 of the day)
  • true crime & Sylvia Browne
  • Red Dahlia by Linda LaPlante
  • happiest baby on the block DVD
  • where would I find Blood Brothers?.... friend: lets go ask this chick
  • Where are the Harry Potter books?
  • I need to update my card. It has expired.
  • ASVAB book
  • Precious by Novak-- can I see the cover?
  • women talking: my daughter, she moved, she's only 3 blocks from the library! I told her to bring her son to story time.
  • where's the computers where I can look up books? Right there. Oh, that just looks like somewhere to burn CDs.
  • I'm a tutor, where can I meet with my learner?

No comments: