Sunday, May 23, 2010

Online Liberry Card application

We're doing away with the paper library card application forms and have a way for customers to apply for a card online. This is too confusing for some people because it requires that you read the directions.

Last week the guy told me that he completed the form, now do I hit clear form or submit?

Then at the end, after the submit button is pressed, the customer is prompted to create a password. This is rocket science. I tell them to close the window and I'll set the PIN for you over here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. i am absolutely amazed by what some people will ask when filling out forms or even using self-check out. It really is rocket science.

Amy said...

The rocket scientist on staff operates the copy machine for everyone!

Libyrinth said...

Same... my assistants don't even know how to us it...

Miu said...

Hi! I just stumbled onto your blog through my google reader. I work at a library in Texas and let me tell you: PATRONS ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE. Reading is just too difficult :P