Monday, June 14, 2010

One Flew Over the Refgrunt

--My book on how to clean up oil spills is in; where do I pick it up? And do you have anything on earthquake recovery?

--Someone calls from another city across the state, wanting an obit from 1974 so he can find the next of kin. It mentions 7 granchildren and 7 great-grandchildren but no names, boo.

--Can you show me how to use the microfilm machine? My dad was shot in 1987 and I want to read about it. [Oh my god, I’m sorry.] Oh, he lived.

--Atlas Shrugged

--Guy from local business association wants to donate books about business, if we will “take good care of them”. I say we can’t promise, but we’re happy to have them.

--How to get to the government service office

--Mr Purple Book asks, as he does every day, “Is that clock right?”

--Good morning! How was your night?

--Looking for Repo, the Genetic Opera with Anthony Stewart Head

--How can I get a library card?

--Does the proof of address have to have my name on it?

--Can I email this to you so you can print it?

--I can’t get my computer to connect to the wifi.

--Do you have books by Robin Jones Gunn?

--Do you have the first 2 books in this series by Beverly Lewis?

--Books on calculus

--Test prep for “service worker”?

--The Lunatic Express and The Friday Night Knitting Club

--Do you do faxing?

--Guy who is doing a program on Friday calls to see how many people to expect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, if I didn't know better I'd think you worked at my library.
I'm reading this at work right now and I have to say I almost burst out laughing when I read "Oh, he lived."