Wednesday, October 06, 2010

SAT review books

Background: An impatient mother wanted to get the SAT review book for her son. She said she was just at the community college liberry- they had the book, but she put it down and walked away and it was no where to be found.

She starts out: Is that mildew I smell in here? I haven't been here in a year and it sure smells like mildew. I'll just call the city. My son is an engineer for the city. (then asks for SAT review books)

I check the catalog and find that the 2011 and 2010 editions are checked out. Before I have a chance to say-- can I order one for you, or can I call another branch and ask them to put it on hold for you, she demands-- well call around town then.

As I'm "calling around town" she whips her cell phone out and tells someone that the "2010 and 2011 editions are no where to be found. She's calling around town. I refuse to drive to that branch unless they will put it on hold for me" (which is exactly what I was doing, and smiling through it all). Branch X finds the 2009 edition and puts it on hold.

She says-- who did you talk to, so I can blame them when they can't find it?

I give her the directions to the branch and she is impressed that I have it all printed out for her. As she leaves, she tells me -- thanks, you are awesome!

Happy ending.


No comments: