Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Refgrunt

Kid: Do you have Adventures of Ook and Gluk?

Me: So here's your new library card, and here are the fines, fees, and locations of the library.
Man: No honey, I have enough papers. I don't need any more papers. Honey, I know the rules.

I had to tell a couple to keep their voices down-- they were in an argument.
Woman: "Why are you treating me like this, do you know what it means to respect me? You aren't respecting me, do you hear me? Are you listening to me?"
Man: "I'm respecting you." etc. etc. etc. The same circular conversation continued until I went over there. How did they respond? The woman showed no respect for me!

Today is my birthday. I'm 28. Youth is not eternal.

Am I allowed to look at these newspapers?

How do I get a library card?

Art exhibit application

Movies

Can I have a pencil?

Notice was sent; item in transit.

I'm confused, the library is so confusing.

Central office for AA meetings

Don't understand the reservation system.

Do you have a ruler

Virtual reference-when is the item ready for pickup?

VR-- Card is no longer in the database. (I love VR this time of the year because it's so slow in the liberry-- and we can respond instantly!).

Andy Williams Christmas Album

Mariah Carey CDs

Bow Wow CD

Is that the only movies you guys have?

Do you have pictures of Egyptian tattoos?

No comments: