Thursday, March 24, 2011

Today's highlights

New card holder (with an unverified address) asks me what's the "beginner account limit."

Someone else asks me if there's a "coffee dispenser in the liberry."  Sorry, it's NASWP.

Customer points to the catalog pc and says--  "is this for self help?"

Lots of complaints about the new pencil sharpener.

Really good news:  We have Because of Romek, Catcher in the Rye, and The Pearl on the shelf.

Even more awesome news:  The man who looks like he belongs in a Charles Dickens' novel tells me he's thinking of moving!!!  Absolutely!  How can I help?!

4 comments:

Bianchii said...

Hello.
I started to write blog in English.
I will write about everythinkg, will be a lot of pictures, reviews of books, films, songs etc.
So it would be nice if you visit my blog sometimes :)
(Sorry for mistakes, I'm still learning English)
http://bianchii.blogspot.com

herzogbr said...

Funny - no one (but me) likes the new pencil sharpener we got, either. It's the old fashion crack kind, but people couldn't figure out how to work it, so we eventually had to get an electric one for people to use. How sad.

herzogbr said...

Sorry - I meant the old fashion "crank" kind - like we used to have in elementary school.

Marian The said...

Hi Brian, I wish we had one of those; then I could use those big red kindergarten pencils!

(Amy, I asked Mark to see if he could exchange it, because the one at the children's desk seems to work!)