Sunday, July 17, 2011

Vacation

Last week I was on vacation.  For one of my flights I saw in the middle seat, between a husband who wanted the window and his wife who wanted the aisle.  I read my Kindle for a while, but when the snack cart came around I put it down and talked to the woman. 

Woman:  are you in school? 
Me:  No, I finished a long time ago. 
Woman:  What do you do?
Me:  I'm a librarian. 
Woman:  oh, I don't think I've ever met a liberrian. 
Woman to husband:  Honey, did you hear that, she's a liberrian.

So then we had a little conversation about the future of the liberry and the Kindle.  She said she'll never get a Kindle because she likes going to the bookstore and buying the books.  She told me that I am from the generation that likes technology, & that I don't look a day over 18.  Yay! 

5 comments:

Score One Art Gallery said...

I get that a lot too, only it's usually 16, which usually means guys won't approach me...the good guys anyway.

I don't have a Kindle, but I might get one. I publish on Kindle and it would be nice to get some of the other author books that way too.

A. Librarian said...

I'm publishing on the Kindle myself, very soon actually. Although it is ironic, since I prefer the wonderful smell of a new book in my hands.

a sip of fashion baby said...

so funny and sad at the same time...

Bianchii said...

Wow, really surprising and interesting blog.
You can visit my also and follow/subscribe if you want :)

http://bianchii.blogspot.com

Have a nice day :)

Blogsberg said...

I'm a bibliomaniac myself, but I never tried the new kindle. I heard it's pretty good, though. Would you recommend it?