Sunday, March 23, 2014

Refgrunt for last week

Woman: Hi, I don't know the author or title, but I know it is a book about a dog.
Me: Do you know if it is fiction or nonfiction?
W: Fiction I think.  Has something to do with autism I heard.
M: Could it be Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime?
W: Yes!  Thank you so much!  I knew you would get it.

-----

I helped a homeless man check out a Buffy the Vampire DVD and he said--
Your name should be Buffy.  Then he started to walk away but turned around and said, or better yet, Willow.  

(I have no clue that that means).

-----

12 year old girl:  Hi, I work here now.  I have a child job, I am a child worker.  What can I do?
--We got her signed up to be a student volunteer.

-----

Why do you have like 8 copies of Proof of Heaven?

-----

An elderly woman ordered Bully Pulpit in large print.  A big brick of a book arrived.  She came to the desk asking if I had a scale to weigh the book.  I said no, but I can look it up on Amazon.  I found that the "shipping weight" is 4 pounds.  She said she doesn't think she can carry it.   I asked her if she wanted me to check if we have an audio edition, but she said no thanks.

-----

One of the regulars was super angry because someone "stole his belongings."  I asked him if he wanted to call the police and file a report, and he said he will later, but he was shaking!  One of my colleagues overheard the conversation and said- sir, your belongings are right here by the catalog computers.  The man just said oh.  Not a thank you.  Just oh.

-----

A woman wanted to research how she could name a business.  I found on the county's site a way to search for fictitious business names.  She said that will never work, I need a database that will search the world.  I said- it says here that this is not done at the state level, just county.  She walked away and said I'll find it myself.


2 comments:

Melinda said...

Buffy and Willow spent a lot of time in the library and Willow was always researching stuff. Willow or Giles-who was the librarian-would work lol

Amy said...

Thanks for the explanation Melinda ;)