Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Stream of Consciousness

Repeat customer who comes once every few weeks--

A cookie will not solve my problems.  Plus, can you tell I lost 10 pounds?  (She wraps the cookie in a Kleenex and hands it to me).  Here, you have the cookie (and winks).  I am going to stay this size.  You know, I am going to go to Japan to write my book.  I really want the readers to feel like they are in Japan.  See, if I were writing about this city I wouldn't have to go anywhere.  But I am taking it one thing at a time,  see, I got pulled over for something I didn't do.  The cop asked for my papers but they disappeared.  So he wrote me up for a little something...  I should shut my mouth and be silent.  See, I am being respectful.  Goodbye.

2 comments:

Rhymes With Magic said...

Oh my gosh. It's like my mother came to your library...

Emma said...

Patrons like this used to stress me out a lot more before I realized that if I don't know what to say in response I can just wait 2 seconds for them to move on to a different topic.